Welcome to the EBCA Home Page!
The Eddystone Borough Civic Association is a new organization dedicated to promoting good citizenship in our community and to encouraging citizens to take an active part in the life of the community. The EBCA will work to ensure that every eligible resident is registered to vote and will work to increase voter turnout at elections. The EBCA will maintain a website that provides useful information for residents involved in the Eddystone community. The EBCA will work to facilitate communication between the voters and their elected representatives in borough government.
- The Eddystone Borough Civic Association believes in representative government and in the individual liberties established in the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania which our elected representatives have taken an oath to uphold.
- The Eddystone Borough Civic Association believes that democratic government depends upon the informed and active participation of its citizens and requires that governmental bodies protect the citizen’s right to know by giving adequate notice of proposed actions, holding open meetings and making public records accessible.
- The Eddystone Borough Civic Association believes that every citizen should be protected in the right to vote; that every person should have access to free public education that provides equal opportunity for all; and that no person or group should suffer legal, economic, or administrative discrimination.
- The Eddystone Borough Civic Association believes that efficient and economical government requires competent personnel, the clear assignment of responsibility, and adequate financing.
- The Eddystone Borough Civic Association believes that responsible government should be responsive to the will of the people; that government should maintain an equitable and flexible system of taxation, promote the conservation and development of natural resources in the public interest, share in the solution of economic and social problems that affect the general welfare, and promote a sound economy.
- The Eddystone Borough Civic Association believes that a basic civics education should be provided to our children and that exposure to civic activities from an early age is necessary if our young people are to become informed and active citizens.
- The Eddystone Borough Civic Association shall be expressly "multi-partisan" in that members of any political party as well as independents and non-affiliated voters are welcome and are encouraged to participate in EBCA activities and governance.
Good government is not simply the responsibility of your elected officials. It also depends upon the active participation of involved citizens!
What kind of citizen are you? Click here for some ideas: